Friday, May 3, 2013

Putting it all together

We're down to our last six weeks in C-U. And I'm starting to plan for everything coming to an end by June 2. X-man will finish with his behavioral counseling sessions with April Keaton. He'll be done with his Occupational Therapy on May 29th. Soccer is done on June 9th. For the first time in two years, we didn't go and renew our pool passes or our dog park passes. Hell, I even mowed the lawn and thought, just six more weeks of this.

I still need to find a home for our snow thrower. I contacted a friend of a friend but never heard back. So, if anyone out there wants to prepare for next year, it's a small, electric, Toro. It's very reliable, corded, so you don't have to worry about battery issues, and it can handle up to 8" of snow without any problems. I did the driveway twice during our snow in March. It's a bit like vacuuming, if that makes any sense. It's also FREE.

What else we have to get rid of will depend, of course, on where we're moving to. MacTroll is going back out there the week of May 15 and the week of May 21. He knows his job is to find us a house. :-) So, let's hope the stars all line up.

I ordered stickers with X-man's name on them, so that when I start packing his room, he can tell which boxes are his by putting his stickers on them.

I did sign him up for half day Harry Potter camp at the Orpheum in June. I figured while I was packing, he could be having some fun (and not be so under foot).

I taught at MMO three times this week. It was a lot of fun. But, boy howdy, can you tell it's the end of the year. We were trying to get the kids outside as much as possible, since it was so cold and rainy in April. I was hoping to go for a walk, but it just wasn't happening. I had a rope for my class last year that they could hang on to to keep everyone together, but I'm not sure what happened to it.

I'm still trying to figure out a good "adventure" for X-man to invite some friends to as his "goodbye" party. I was kind of hoping for just a park play date with some treats. His buddy JA is coming over this weekend to play. He's wild crazy about that. Plus, we promised him a video game play date with Big Jack before we go. :-)

6 comments:

~rachel~ said...

Mike would take it if you need it gone still ;)

Have you checked out the playscape at Homer Lake? Rowan and Eli love it! Could be a fun adventure if they've never been. Good luck funding a house! So exciting ! ( and I'm sure many other things..$

SunnyD said...

Rachel, it's totally yours! Let me know when you'd like to come pick it up.

I was actually thinking of doing a picnic and playscape visit for Mother's Day, since it's graduation weekend in town. Want to join us?

~rachel~ said...

Sweet! :) mike could probably stop by after work Tuesday (5:30ish) if you're around?

That sounds fun! We were planning on going to the Illini baseball game though... I didn't realize it was graduation though, if that makes us change our plans I'll let you know. Love to see you before you go! :) we do love the playscape

SunnyD said...

I'll be here until 5:45 p.m. I've got a meeting at the Tolono Library at 6 p.m. If he's running late, I can totally leave it on the front porch for him.

It's the machine and the big yellow cord. :-)

~rachel~ said...

Sounds good! Thanks so much! :)

Let me know what time you're thinking of going to homer lake Sunday.

SunnyD said...

Probably 11:30-1 or 1:30 on Sunday, as long as it's not raining. :-)