Saturday, March 16, 2013

Run without busting my move

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to do my Couch to 5k run outside in the neighborhood on concrete. It's a walk/run mix, so it's not high intensity. There are no hills in my neighborhood or uneven farm roads. It's part of my attempt to be back to being able to run 20 minutes without foot pain on concrete for the first time since April 2011. It's been a long road. And I even signed up for a 5k the second Saturday in April, so I'd get myself out there to do it.

It's very exciting, and, yet, it makes me feel highly anxious. Every other run has been done on a rubber track, indoors.

But I must admit, I totally miss being outside. I watch this older man run his same route every day. He's run it since we moved here in 2003. It's like clockwork to see him coming down Rt. 45 in his bright yellow jacket.

I miss being one of the regulars.

Injuries suck.


No comments: