Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hump Day

I've been in an anti-social mood all this week. I'm not sure what it is, but I've just felt like keeping to myself, a lot.

I had trouble falling asleep last night, so I was up until almost 1. Then I was woke at 6 a.m. to grab a shower and get X-man and I ready before I needed to be at work at 8:15 a.m. It must have been kind of early/rough on him, too, because I dropped him off at school at 7:50 a.m. and he apparently took a 2-hour nap today, which is unheard of any more.

I was fine at school for the most part. I started with the fours and then ran down to the 2-3 year old room (I could see Lightning McGavin across the hall eating snack--so freaking cute), but I didn't get to go over and say hi to him. As it was the 2-3 year olds were on some kind of rampage. So, it took all three of us to keep them together.

After work, I ran some signed papers to the accountant that MacTroll had told me we just needed to file at home, but I got a call yesterday that they were supposed to be returned to the accountant so he could actually file our electronic taxes. Ooops. I made a few more errands and by the time I was done, I was starving, tired and kind of sad.

I ate lunch when I got home and then went to my room and put my head down on my pillow. The ceiling fan was on and the windows were open and a nice breeze was coming into the room. I could have fallen asleep, but instead, I chose to watch Glee. The web site froze on me 2/3 of the way into the episode, so I took it as a sign, got up and went for a run. I was going to do my normal 60-minute route, but I got 2 miles into it and overheated. It was 86 degrees outside and my body just didn't want to move. So I gave it until after 3 miles and then I reset my iPod and walked my butt home. I think it was a weather wall. Kind of like when the weather turns cold and your lungs don't want to go. In the heat, my head just died. I was thirsty. My lips felt chapped and I had all this dry crap in my mouth. So I drank a lot and had some fruit at home. Then I showered, did the laundry and took off to pick up X-man.

We were supposed to go to Target to look for sandals and flip flops. But he kind of dragged his feet at dinner, so we ended up going to see the Ultimate Basketball Challenge at Huff Hall first. It was a basketball competition to raise money for the Wheelchair Athletics programs at the U of I and Coaches Vs. Cancer fund. X-man was into the idea that the athletes were still playing the game even from their chairs. He laughed along with the rest of the crowd when U of I players who were not used to being in a wheelchair missed shots. He also got to see the WonderTwins, which was pretty much the highlight of our visit.

Afterwards, X-man didn't want to go home. So we went to Target to look for sandals, but he freaked out when we got there that Target wasn't a real shoe store. So we tried the Tradehome shoes in the mall, but they didn't have any little kid sandals. So we ended up at Gap, where he found two pairs of flip flops for $6 each and a pair of sandals for $25. I used my $20 coupon and we got out of there for $17.50.

We drove straight from Target to the airport to greet MacTroll. X-man was pissed off that security had roped off the stairs and shut down the escalator at the airport (the thinks escalators are like carnival rides). Then after MacTroll got there, he hugged his dad, pushed him toward the baggage claim and told him to go get his bag. When the "warning" lights and horns started going off at the baggage claim, X-man flipped out completely. "Get the bag! Get the bag!" He was afraid the weird black flappy things were going to eat the luggage.

Now we're home and MacTroll has fallen asleep while putting X-man to bed. Today was also our dog Riley's 9th birthday. We sang happy birthday to him at breakfast. He enjoyed a special birthday dental treat snack with his friend Zoe tonight before bed.

Tomorrow is a full day again, so I've got to keep up, which is hard because I feel so far behind.

No comments: