Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Santa:

I've worked hard at trying to be a good woman this year. I hope I blew whatever minimums you have about who is nice out of the water for the most part, but in other avenues, I know I still need a lot of work. I promise, I'm working on it. 

For next year, I'd like to figure out a way to balance my relationships. I seem to put a lot of energy into motherhood -- in fact -- most of my energy goes toward my son. I need to be a better spouse and an even better pet owner. Most of all, I need to work on being a better friend. I'm not around when people really need me. Not that they ask me to be around, but I used to be more involved. I've been disappearing too much into myself lately. 

I also need to work on making my home feel more put together. I've been focusing on updating and painting lately. Now I need to work on the cozy. It doesn't have to be the cleanest or most organized house on the block. But when we walk in the house, and others walk in the house, I want them to feel the comfort of the kindness of home. Home should be safe. Home should be welcoming. Home should be somewhere you want to spend the rest of your time.

At the same time, I don't want to lose my curiosity of the world. I want to travel and see new things with my family. Those are the plans for 2011. If you think I'm deserving of a gift, than I'd really like to get some energy back. I know that's not materialistic, but lately, I've been feeling very run down. Doc says it's a dietary deficiency, but the supplements and meal plan changing don't seem to be helping. I'm not sad or depressed at all. I just feel fatigued a lot. I could start drinking coffee, I guess. :-)

If something materialistic is easier, I understand. There's a black halo nude minidress at Needless Markups for an insane amount of money. If the elves can make a knock off, I'd be thrilled. I'm hoping to have the kind of legs that can wear that dress proudly. 

Have a happy holiday. X-man, MacTroll and I will miss seeing you when you stop at the house, but X-man's working hard on the cookie selection and reindeer treats. 

Sincerely,
Looseyfur

No comments: