Monday, December 6, 2010

Magical Motivation

Anyone have any? I was supposed to run yesterday after taking X-man to visit the Crisis Nursery Holiday Shop. Instead, I came home and watched last week's Grey's Anatomy and a couple of episodes of Weeds on Netflix during quiet time. Afterwards, I made dinner and then went out and got all but one of the signatures I need to run for the library board. I had fun seeing all of my friends and neighbors to finish them off. When I returned, X-man and MacTroll had made sugar cookies from a package. MacTroll didn't realize you were supposed to put the sugar sprinkles on them before you baked them. And he didn't think they turned out very good.

I thought -WTF- they're cookies. And yes, a few of them were a little crunchier than I'd like. But I ate three while X-man was in the bath, so, um clearly they weren't that bad.

Last Monday, I sat with Amy and talked about my plan for the week. About how the holiday shouldn't be about celebrating with food every day. I need to realign my brain a bit, because even though I know and believe that statement, I haven't been making the choices to follow the concept.

And it's terrible, but I have two appointments on my list today that I don't want to do. I don't feel like going to weight management. And I don't feel like going to Tae Kwon Do. Oh, wait, I also haven't been writing down my non-HMR foods. So, you know, I have to go down and make my food plan for the day. Get my child to school, get to the gym, shower, go weigh in, get my last signature, go to Tae Kwon Do and then I at the end of my day, I get to the good stuff -- Seeing Special K and her family for dinner.

And then on Tuesday, I can get up and stick to my plan again, and the day after that and the day after that. Maybe it just feels a bit monotonous and that's why I started slipping. Maybe, I'm just a bit tired and lazy. Maybe I just didn't want to deal with it last week.

Back on the wagon. 

No comments: