Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh My Goodness

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted. X-man's birthday was on Saturday and we had the annual Superhero Ball (mother/son dance) at the Savoy Recreation Center on Friday. And then on Sunday, I finally caved to the fact that I haven't been feeling well since Friday morning.

In fact, I got a low-grade fever. I spent most of Sunday in bed taking fever reducers. Then it was gone this morning when I went to work. But now, it's back up to 99.7. So, I promise I'll post photos of the birthday when I get my stuff together.

This week at school is also Beatles Week. Today we talked about who the Beatles were (i.e. their names and where they came from). We focused on John today, and that he sang (that our voices are instruments) and that he played many different instruments, including the guitar, harmonica and accordion. I showed them a video from the 1960s when the TV was in black and white and that concept kind of fried a few of my students' brains. Then I busted out the karaoke machine and keyboard and they all jammed. We did the Twist to Twist and Shout. We tried to learn a new dance to I Want to Hold Your Hand. We made rainmakers out of giant shipping containers, and we designed our own cardboard guitars.

Tomorrow, we're doing the Yellow Submarine and Octopus' Garden. At the same time, I had 4 parent/teacher conferences today. They were pretty positive. I'm sad that one of my students will be relocating to another state at the end of the month.

I just don't have time for a fever. So make it go away!

I have vacation coming up, and things to do. Plus, MacTroll is leaving tomorrow a.m. to go away for two days, which isn't normally a big deal, except we're supposed to be leaving on vacation on Friday.

1 comment:

iamarogers said...

Happy 6th Birthday to Xman!