Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nightmares and An Angel

Funny how all of my nightmares include leaving children (my own included) unattended. A few weeks ago I dreamed that I ran off to Chicago for "business" and left my child with the Supers, but told them I'd only be gone a couple of hours.

Last night I dreamed that I took my director's children to the movies... and then decided just to drop them off and go somewhere else to get some work done and forgot them there. I kept thinking. Has it been a couple hours? I should go get them... but then something else would come up.

Yesterday, X-man and I had an outrageously good day together. No whining. Thank goodness. As it turns out he was starving after this therapy appointment, so we walked over to 301 Mongolia at 3 p.m. and had a very early dinner. Then we went to pick up Lily at doggie daycare and came home. I went upstairs to change into my workout clothes, and then we ran around the front yard in fire hats putting out "fires."

Afterwards, we walked to the Rec Center. I worked out for an hour and X-man played in the kids room. Then we walked home. He ate bedtime snack while I worked on my newsletter update for school. Then we read for 35 minutes and off to bed he went.

I for, some reason, didn't fall asleep at 9 p.m. like I had on Tuesday. Instead, I sat up watching Melissa and Joey. (Or is it Joey and Melissa?)

Tomorrow we're flying to Nebraska for Easter weekend with some friends who moved there a couple years ago. One last day of school... and I'm guessing my child will be a PITA since yesterday was so spot on.

No comments: