Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting back to Basics

I've been way to fancy lately with my life. I've been far to scheduled. And I think it's killing me. Last week I was plagued with headaches. This weekend all I wanted to do was stay at home and play with my kid and talk to my husband -- and we did for the most part. On Sunday, I crawled into bed at 1:30 p.m. to take a nap. MacTroll deposited X-man next to me around 3 p.m. and we just kept sleeping until we woke up and the sun was going down. 

Then we watched James May's Big Ideas while Joel barbequed some pork chops and I made carrots and couscous. Today, I cleaned my one floor (the basement) and dealt with some animal issues. Tomorrow is Election Day and thinking about the potential outcome makes me want to vomit. 

Time to slow down a bit and just hang out. More spontaneity is needed -- definitely. And also more naps!

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

I'm very excited about tomorrow. I'm feeling much more hopeful and optimistic than not. It'll be good!