Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wonderful Weather

Like many of the people I know, we're driving to spend the holiday at relatives. And the Weather Channel is creating a lot of panic regarding some ugly freezing rain that Mother Nature is apparently sending our way in the next few days. And I know that if it's too dangerous to leave, we'll be staying here, but I also know that the Weather Channel is rarely timely about when things will happen.

Mostly, since I'm leaving on Thursday, I'm hoping whatever ugliness happens occurs tonight so it can be salted and cleaned up by the time I leave on the 24th. This, of course, helps no one who is leaving tomorrow. I also hope that those that are already on the road going longer distances than my short 3-hour trek to Rockyford are able to travel safely throughout their journey.

I know I have no control over weather (although from time to time X-man orders me to make it stop raining or to warm it up or cool the weather down). Instead, I'm concentrating on the feeling that's just now coming over me. I was afraid it would never get here. The wonder and kindness of Christmas. The enjoyment of those I love. The pleasure of spending time with them. I also find it awesome that MacTroll will have NO work to do between Christmas Eve and Jan. 3. We've missed him around here. And we're happy to finally get to spend some time together.

2 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

It was snowing pretty bad up north today. It had snowed all night and they were predicting another inch through the day. I slept through Rockford but it was still snowing a little bit when I woke up south of there. Hopefully, you guys will have a safe trip and great Christmas, either here or there :)

Quigs78 said...

We'll be on the same roads as you, so I'm hoping it's clear and safe for both of us. :)

And Merry Christmas!!! (Three exclamation points is a lot from me, so I must really be in a festive mood.)