Monday, June 14, 2010

Case of the Mondays

Since everyone had a Facebook status of being grouchy this morning, I figured I'd vent my ugly on the blog. Around 9:30 p.m. last night I ended up with MacTroll's stomach bug. In addition, someone apparently left our bathroom door open, so Clawdio peed in our shower. And it was particularly cat urine smelling, but even the rankness of that couldn't get the vomiting to start. And I needed it to start because my belly was swollen to the point where I thought I was going to implode.

Five hours later, I was empty and crippled and exhausted. This morning, I woke up feeling much better in that I knew the vomiting was over. But I felt like someone had hit me with a truck. I had a headache from crying while vomiting. So I've been in bed napping on and off and hoping that X-man doesn't get it. So much for us vacating the house all day Saturday and not being around MacTroll so we wouldn't get it.

Now I have to also hope we didn't give it to our dinner guests last night who are moving tomorrow from Champaign to Lincoln, NE. (Dr. Dave and Ms. K, I swear if I had known I had it I would have canceled!)

Onto other information, every day for the last -- who am I kidding -- for forever we've been getting afternoon thunderstorms. It's not like I live at the Grand Canyon and can enjoy some awesome desert light show. Instead, it just bums us out. We got sent home early from the pool on Saturday, which made X-man really upset. As much as he loves playing and replaying Trouble in our living room, he looked outside and said, "Mom, I want it to be summer." (He means sunny, but I totally get where he's coming from.)

Tomorrow, MacTroll gets his father's day gift early -- We're taking his car in to get detailed. He's so excited about it. On Thursday, MacTroll has a meeting near Schaumburg, so if things go okay, he's going to drop X-man and I off at the Lego Discovery Center, go to his meeting and then meet up with us afterwards to take a trip to Ikea to look at rugs. I guess that means, I need to measure where all of our new wood floors will be installed. The wood is supposed to get delivered this week. Installation should start on the 22nd.

This weekend my Dad is coming down for a visit, which will be nice. X-man hasn't seen him since Easter.

But the big news is that a week from Thursday, I'll be on a plane, by myself, headed to St. Croix in the USVI to see my friend Dr. Robin for four days. She's so going to drink me under the table. :-)

No comments: