Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nightmares

Usually I write that X-man is having troubling bad dreams. Instead, it's me. Very seldom do I get enough sleep that I actually get to dream. But the last few days I've been having these total stress dreams between 4 and 6:30 a.m.

Dreams where I'm making dinner and it is for some reason buried in dirt and rotting and I'm gagging as I dig it out.

Dreams where I'm still advising the student newspaper and I open it up to find that 4 of the 16 pages don't have material on them and the students think that this is okay -- "Because they were only supposed to be ads in those spaces."

Dreams where I can't find my child.

Dreams where my house is burning down and I can't find one of my cats.

Do you see? And what do I have to show for it? Apparently a lot of water retention and emotional eating according to today's weigh in.

I've been grouchy all day. And if that's how I'm starting the day, with having the shit scared out of me, I guess being grouchy makes sense, right?

No comments: