Sunday, September 26, 2010

Death to the Power Rangers

Last week, the family and I went to the library. I had some items on hold I needed to pick up and X-man and MacTroll came along for the ride. I was checking out with a couple Wii games and some books X-man picked out (Sigh, he put a Dr. Laura kids book in the bag. So happy when he actually got it home, he didn't want to read it because it wasn't his beloved Ms. Frizzle.), when X-man came running up with a DVD.

Power Rangers DinoThunder.

Ugh. Just ugh.

But if I was allowing him access to explore Dr. Laura... I guess why not make it a complete crap week and take home DinoThunder? Just because I don't agree with Dr. Laura, doesn't mean that X-man isn't going to grow up believing the same thing. And just because the Power Rangers makes me want to vomit doesn't mean he's not going to like them. I mean, I made it through the Monster Trucks at the county fair, right?

I'm telling you. The stuff we sacrifice as parents. :-)

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

The thing you can console yourself with about the Power Rangers (especially the movie but the shows too) is that the effects are so VERY VERY bad that they can't possibly be mistaken for real.