Monday, October 25, 2010

Finishing Things

I've made a pact with myself that I'm going to get things done this week that I've been putting off.

I have to go pick out flooring for the Loosey-only room in the basement. I don't know why, but my heart hasn't been in it. Then I need to go pick out my paint colors. I also have curtains that I've been meaning to hang for (no lie) two years in the dining room and MacTroll's office and curtain tie backs I never quite got to in the guest room.

We're refinancing our house next month (or at least we're supposed to do it next week when MacTroll is in town). So, we're excited about that. I'm hoping we'll also finally order new living room furniture.

Yesterday, while I was at Target I finally purchased the navy blue kids' nightstands I'd been staring at for three or four months. I also picked up a small replacement full-length mirror for the giant idea one the cats broke when we were in Maine.

It's hard to believe on a day like today when it's going to be 80 degrees and it smells more like May than October that X-man is going to need a winter jacket soon. But I'll let him pick out his own from Target. (It worked last year, right?) I went looking for one at Champaign Surplus yesterday that looked as nice as the Marmot coat I saw in the REI catalog. Alas, they don't carry Marmot and their reds weren't as shiny. So much for keeping it local.

No comments: