Saturday, October 2, 2010

Why am I so ugly?

Inability to sleep. Insomnia.

For weeks, I've been unable to fall asleep before 2 a.m. I get up at 6:30 a.m. The two days a week where I find some free time that's supposed to be "housework time" I end up in bed. Not napping. Instead, I lie there totally fatigued wondering why my brain won't shut the hell up.

It just keeps listing things. Things to do. Things I should have done. Things I ate. Things I'd like to do. People who I haven't talked to in a while. Things I'm worried about. Things I love about my kid. Things I wish I had, etc.

I give myself 30 minutes of trying to do a relaxation technique I learned in dance class, oh so many years ago. It used to work all the time when I couldn't sleep. Now, maybe it works 3 nights out of 7. When it doesn't, I pick up my laptop. And here I am... restless, thoughtful, frustrated.

Why am I so ugly? I so don't have my prerequisite amount of beauty sleep required to look better than a crazy feathered chicken. Look in my eyes. I'm only vaguely aware of what's going on.

I guess now that MacTroll's home for the next week, I can find some over the counter meds to help me sleep. Tylenol PM or whatever. I don't feel right about doing them when I'm home alone with X-man. I'm a wuss. I get drunk on one light beer. One Unisom usually makes me completely miss my alarm, even though it goes off for an hour.

No comments: