Saturday, October 23, 2010

Staying warm and awake

My iron deficiency has been causing me to lose my steam around 12:15 every day. This whole week, I've had lists to get done around the house, and nothing has been happening because I end up falling into bed and sleeping. I set my alarm to wake me up after 30 minutes, thinking (like the books say) that I'd feel refreshed enough to get on with my day. Fat chance. I smacked that alarm off and slept for another hour and 30 minutes yesterday.

The problem with this? I couldn't fall asleep until 2 a.m. last night. I should have gone grocery shopping at Meijer at midnight. Sigh.

Anyway, so right now is my pooped out time. I came upstairs and got into warmer clothes (my deficiency also makes me feel cold) and curled up under the blankets on my bed. Luke was already passed out on my bed. Maya and Nyssa just jumped up. Now Nyssa is warming me up by lying in my lap and Maya is curled into a little furrball next to me. 

The sun is finally shining through the clouds and in the bedroom window (southern exposure). Plus, I just finished lunch. How does a person not nap in these conditions?

My relief is that MacTroll is back home. He's the pumpkin carver in our house, so he's downstairs with X-man making a set of happy family pumpkins, per the kid's request. So, I think I'll just roll over and shut my eyes. 

Last night in the five hours I slept, I dreamt that I was silly enough to sign up and run in the Illinois Marathon. It was nice, they set up a rope for you to run through for every runner, even the one that came in last. :-) The I got up this a.m. and went to the 1-minute body sculpt class at the Rec Center. It was just me, the instructor and one other student. 

Okay, my eyelids are falling. See you after a snooze. 

No comments: