Monday, February 14, 2011

I have no pictures, only words

Yesterday, MacTroll, X-man and I drove to Bloomington to Upper Limits Climbing Gym to meet Sox. Sox is a friend of mine, who also enjoys running. In fact, she's one of the friends I'll be doing the Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon with in October (that is if they ever open registration today!).

Last November, we both purchased Group On's to the climbing gym. Then in January, we took the 2-hour long class to learn climbing safety. We're now certified to climb there. They gave us some coupons, so we decided to meet. We got rechecked and then took turns belaying and climbing for two hours. We were all pretty tired and sore when we left, particularly in the forearms.

But it worked out pretty well, particularly with X-man in tow. He did not want to climb in the silos, they were too tall. But he did a great job traversing in the smaller room. He completely enjoyed watching the men get to points where they were hanging upside down too. He said he'd like to go back, but I think we'll wait until next fall before we take him again. See if he gets more daring than going 4 feet up on the wall. Either way, I was glad that he was happy to be there, rather than bored and whiney.

I didn't take any photos, but I think Sox was the only one who made it to the top of the silo to touch the roof. I made it 1/2 way to 2/3 of the way, up but then I started getting shaky. Silos are tall. And clinging to the side of one worried about falling (even though I know I was tied to my partner) was a little strange. But Sox and I are going to try to give the one at the Arc a try some time. And I think MacTroll and I will go back to Bloomington one day by ourselves.

No comments: