Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You're Guess is as Good as Mine

On Oct. 1 at 10:30 p.m. I should be lining up in a gated corral with a couple thousand random people to do the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon. But I'm a little nervous. You see, I should be officially starting to train this weekend, but instead, I'm still gimping along.

The fascia pain has moved from the lower arch of my foot to the back of the heel and (yikes) a bit into the achilles and the calf muscle. I've stayed off of it running for the last week. And I've been barely breaking 5 miles in walk/run per week. Therefore, I made an appointment with the Sports Medicine big wig over at Carle for 11 a.m. on July 26. He'll do an X-ray and tell me what's up.

I have to tell you. I'm a bit scared. But we'll see. Maybe I'm just a big impatient whiner... but if he cancels my half marathon, I'm still freaking going to Disney for the weekend with my friends. I have a plane ticket and a hotel room... so, um, I'm there.

No comments: