Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rube Goldberg

X-man has enjoyed sitting around on his butt not doing much besides play with his new Legos, working on his new Pigeon activity book and playing Lego Clone Wars III with Mactroll. Today, he was not happy with me when we woke him up at 6:50 a.m. to go to an all-day summer camp.

He's spending today (and Thursday and Friday) making a Rube Goldberg machine with fellow campers. In the middle of the day they're taking field trips to bowling and to the aquatic center. I haven't told him Friday they're going ice skating, because he's not a big fan. And I don't want him to be a mess the next two days because he gets himself worked up over his fear of falling on hard ice.

In the meantime, I'm getting all kinds of things done before I go back to work next week. I'm very excited to be returning to MMO on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Other than that, it's pretty quiet around here until the weekend. We're going to our first U of I Men's basketball game on Saturday. I guess I should run out and buy us some orange, right?


No comments: