Saturday, July 31, 2010

Get it out, get it ALLLLL out

I'm on that never-ending quest to get rid of unnecessary crap from my house. I'm sure many of you are on the same quest. I have a box of books to take to donate to the library. I have a bag of old towels to take to my vet for her to reuse. I have a trunk full of electronics to take to the recycling center next Saturday. I've started collecting X-man's Size 4 clothes to put in the next CARE swap, and I realize we'll need to get him new winter boots and snow pants this year. He has some toys that I'm dying to pass on, too. But he's not ready to give them up. On the other hand, if I asked him to pass on a piece of lint he'd want to hold onto that, too. (He's a bit like his dad and my mom that way.)

Speaking of, there's a chance my Mom will be coming next week for a few days. MacTroll will be out of town through Thursday, but if Mom comes, I'm hoping she can watch X-man for a bit that Saturday so that MacTroll and I can go through the storage room.

In it is a Pottery Barn Kendall Crib. My problem with getting rid of it is that it's a drop side, and I'm pretty sure everyone's done away with them for updated safety reasons, right? But for some reason I can't bear to put it by the curb. My how things have changed just from 2006. But we do have some things we need to trash, and some things we need to store in plastic containers rather than in cardboard boxes. I purchased some shelves some time ago to put everything together, but they're still sitting in my garage holding nothing.

That said, I should probably get that baby jogger of mine up on Craigslist and get it out of the garage.

No comments: