Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Official: I'm Broken

I spent some time at the Carle Spine Institute this morning getting some help with my back pain situation. It's always good when the doctor looks at you and says, "You're not going to want to hear this, but..."

It turns out I have degenerative disc disease between my L4 and L5. I report to physical therapy on Thursday morning. I have a follow up with the doc in 4 weeks. I have to lay off anything that causes pain, and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy for a while. I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks.

I spent lunch feeling old and broken before calling Amy, my health educator, at Carle Weight Management. She always knows how to cheer me up, and she's awesome at her job.

So, onto the next challenge of recovery... It could be worse. Way worse.

No comments: