Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Hangover -- Savoy Style

So, 10 minutes ago, my son made me laugh so hard I had to kiss him, once the tears stopped coming from my eyes.

Last week, MacTroll got tired of watching How It's Made, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs with X-man and thought he'd venture into something a little more cooking-related. So he chose Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. He started on his trip to Paris, where he scores some absinthe and the family sits through some lame hallucination video. X-man was kind of in and out playing with his toys and going back and forth to a computer game.

I'm giving the child some leftover New Year's party food and he asks why Daddy doesn't feel well. I told him that sometimes adults can drink too much adult drink which feels good at the time, but upsets your system if you have too much. He brought up the Yo Gabba Gabba candy episode. I say yes, it's like that.

10 minutes and two mini pepperoni rolls later he says. "Mommy, is Daddy sick like that guy on the food show that he likes?"

It took me a minute or two to figure out what the hell he was referring to. If you forward to 5:43, you'll see what he was remembering.

Happily, he's currently watching the Gummi Bears -- again.


No comments: