Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Houston, we have a fibroid

The results of my pelvic ultrasound are in. I have a benign fibroid that could be contributing to my low iron. I have a follow up appointment with gynecology on March 2 at 10:45 a.m. to see if it's inside or outside my uterus, what my options are about treating it, etc. It seems so very far away.

I went in this morning for my gluten intolerance test. I'll get the results back next week.

Until then, I'm having a hard time with lethargy this week. I think if the schedule wasn't so insane, I'd be handling it a little better. But there's a lot of things going on. I started a new part-time job. I am picking up the book drop in Tolono. I attended my first board meeting at the library to see what it was like. I got some personal training sessions (3 per week for 30 minutes) for Christmas that I'm using at the Rec Center, and I've been doing Tae Kwon Do out my ears with X-man so that he can pass his yellow belt test. Traveling, guests, snow, vet appointments, doctors' appointments...

It's a lot. But then I read articles like this in the Wall Street Journal, about how I'm this totally whipped Western parent. And I think, "Wow, that whole dynamic sounds pretty heartless, but at the same time, I wonder if I was more relentless with my son, if he'd learn a better work ethic. Am I too lenient?"

No comments: