Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Supinator

I saw Dr. K today about my supination issue. He agrees with my PT that it won't help things down the road and he took the inserts my last podiatrist made via scanning my feet and fixed them up to try out. If they appear to be working and feel good, he'll make me a custom orthotic. The updated ones try to make me push off using my big toe for power rather than the outside of my foot. But my foot is not cavus enough to need surgery. But the minor issue is enough over several years of hard workouts to be the structural reason why I jacked up my peroneal tendons. Bad biomechanics!

I've also got PT appointments through the rest of this month. It's not that I don't enjoy the fact that I'm progressing, I just wish -- I was back to full throttle. Not that I can complain. I'm working out with a trainer twice a week on evening out my leg strength and working on my core since it's still lagging from the 8 weeks in bed. I figure this is like anything... It takes you almost no time to fill in whatever it is you wish hadn't happened and at least three years longer to get back to "normal." When pretty much being abnormal has become your normal.

In addition to the trainer, I've done two Body Pump classes and some cardio. I've also inserted three rest days a week, so I don't over do it.




No comments: