Monday, February 2, 2009

Something Silly on a Sad Day

MacTroll and I were driving home from Target on Friday. We passed Bottenfield Elementary about the time school was letting out. A red car pulled out with an advertisement on the door. 

MacTroll said: "Hey! That new mediterranean place is opening north of downtown!"

I said: "Look at the phone number."

MacTroll stared really hard. A moment of silence passed. "What's wrong with the phone number?"

"Doesn't it look familiar?" I asked

"Should it?" he replied.

"It was only our home phone number from May 2003 until we moved in August 2007."

"Really?"

So, um, even though Champaign Taste said the service was really slow at Jack's Place -- she did say the food was yummy. Those of you who lived in town and remember the old number (217) 355-0599... you'll know who to call fif you have a falafel craving. 

As for the rest of the day... my eyes are still a bit puffy. But Nyssa is all over me with purrs and cuddles. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont even know what Mediterranean food is supposed to be, but I have driven past there quite a few times since they have opened, and they never seem busy. I hope its good stuff, but I dont know so much about the location.

-RF

Anonymous said...

That's funny!! I don't know your new number since it has been programmed into my phone since you've had it. 355-0599 is the number of yours I know by heart--a relic of the land line . . . .