Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bachrach Closing at the Mall

Tomorrow I have to run out and pick up MacTroll's suit. He had to buy one for the wedding he's in over 4th of July weekend. It turned out to be an okay expense because of the pretty nice discounts he got at the Bachrach at the Mall. The receipt says that the store is going out of business. Currently everything is 20 percent off. So, if you've got a guy with "suit" needs -- now might be a good time to take advantage of any discounts.

That poor mall. It gets something (J.Jill, Ann Taylor Loft, Coldwater Creek, Forever 21) and always loses something (Lane Bryant, Starbucks, Carmel Corn, Bachrach...)


3 comments:

Loretta said...

J. Jill is going out of business! It was a mistake not to have an entrance to the mall IMO.
Thanks for the heads up on suits. D will need one for interviews next year (not the same one he's been wearing to every freaking wedding, funeral, etc. we've been to in the past ten years) so we may hit up Bachrach this weekend. That is *definitely not* his idea of a good time.

SunnyD said...

Loretta,
Thanks for the heads up. I just went to the 50-70 percent off sale at J.Jill. I got two pairs of pants and two shirts for $45, which is crazy unheard of. Most of J.Jill stuff feels too old for me sometimes, but I do appreciate the softness of their clothes. Plus, I always liked that if an item there didn't need to be button or zipped -- if you could just pull it on -- they made it way too big for the size.

So today, I pulled on a black shirt that was a medium and got to ask, "Do you have this in a small?" for the first time ever in my life.

And here I was excited about the Medium being my normal size there...

The Fearless Freak said...

I did hear that Lane Bryant is coming back. When they closed, they were telling people that they didn't want to pay mall rent anymore (similar reason why Maurice's is no longer inside the mall) because it is outrageous and were going to look for something else in the area. They were saying then it would take them at least a year to reopen. Of course, that was before the economy went to shit and everything started closing so we'll see

Although I like Lane Bryant, I personally hope I never shop there again :)