Monday, June 22, 2009

Three Cheers for X-man

X-man went to school in big boy underwear today. I packed 6 pairs of underwear and 6 pairs of shorts and went away wondering how many he'd pee through before I returned to get him. He was there a long time today 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. And he only had once accident, while he was sleeping at naptime. 

I took him to Wal-mart to purchase a new kiddie pool, since our inflatable one went bust. When we got home, he played in the water for awhile, declared it too hot, and came inside to play with his fire station and watch How It's Made.

He's hit the potty 5 times since I picked him up. The big potty -- not the Superman potty in the kitchen. I'm very excited for him and very impressed. Taking the training wheels off (in this case the Pull ups) is hard for both parents and kids, but I'm thankful for all of my friends with older children who told me that he'd let me know when he was ready. He really did, and I'm glad I waited for that moment and didn't push. Now we'll see how he does for the long run. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for X! WHen Henry first started using the toilet in the twos room his teacher made sure he went straight to the potty at the end of nap and he had a lot of success there. When he moved to his current daycare they didn't usher him to the toilet on waking and he had some naptime accidents. He figured it out pretty quickly though that he needed to make sure he woke up and went straight to the toilet.

Quigs78 said...

I am so excited for you and X-man! You two are giving me hope for Bubba! :)

Good luck today and let us know how it goes...