Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

This week is crazy. MacTroll leaves on Thursday to go to Colorado Springs for a weekend-long wedding that he is in. 

So we've been jamming in the quality family time at the early part of this week. The beginning of the week started on Sunday with a Tricycle, Bicycle, Scooter obstacle course race for the CARE families at our house. Then MacTroll and I took X-man to Sholem for the first time this season. Now when we go to the puddle, I can think about the first time I took him back in June 2007. He was 15 months old. He could barely get up the ladder to go down the slide, and I held his hand the whole time in case he fell, and while he went down the slide. Now, I can sit on the side of the pool and watch him. He's gotten much better than last year about being careful about the babies on the ladder. 

I'm petsitting this week for a friend on vacation. Her cats are pretty awesome. I like to go to her house without the kiddo in tow and spend time just sitting in a quiet house. (Right now as I type this, X-man is giving MacTroll a really hard time downstairs. He's been up since 5:30 a.m. (not sure why), but he did lie in bed with us until 6:30 a.m. talking to us and asking us to get up.) Sunday night I had tea with a friend at Kopi and we came up with a scavenger hunt to do as a Moms' Afternoon Out next month -- it wasn't a plan topic. We saw some people doing one in conjunction with the Cowboy Monkey and thought -- we could make one more fun than that. :-)

Monday, I spent the day weeding and mulching in the yard. I picked up X-man early and brought him home to a wonderland of baby pools and a slip and slide in his backyard. Another mom had contributed some pools to a Sand and Water Meet up. So we were covered in wet kids age 0-12, which was fun.

Today, I'm teaching a class on sensory learning over at Temple Baptist Church in Champaign at 9:30 a.m. I was up late last night cooking playdough and getting things together to make Moon Cheese, and homemade bubbles. It's supposed to be a session that shows how much you can do with your kids just using stuff you have at home. I'm hoping it goes okay. If it was half as nice as running to Meijer with Quigs last night to pick up some of the stuff it'll be great!

The rest of the day includes a stopover to the quiet house, lunch with our friend Marky Mark at Jim Gould's, getting an oil change for my car, picking up my tie dye stuff from Michael's, hauling stuff out of the basement, my nutrition class and a possible evening out with Roger Rogers and one of her old college friends.

Yeah, pretty much every day this week is going to be this busy -- until we head up to Rockyford again to spend July 4th with my Dad.

But the big excitement is KTDID's arrival on Thursday... I hope to spend Friday getting her all set up downstairs -- and then I think we'll grill out. 

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

Sounds like a pretty slow week. I hope it picks up for you next week so you don't get bored. ;)