Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rock on/Bite Me

Rock on to the guy riding his unicycle home down the bike path on Prospect today at 4:30 p.m. That's something I don't see every day.

Bite Me to the guy in the Dodge Ram 1500 who couldn't pull his giant truck out of a parking space at Best Buy in under 5 minutes. Per chance your boy toy car is too big, sir? It does no good to have a big one, if you don't know how to drive it correctly. Then again, that is true of  lot of boy toys.

Rock on to X-man surviving his 3rd day of big boy pants potty training. He had two accidents today. One was the predictable nap time, the other was in the middle of academics when he was too busy counting to notice that he'd made a puddle on the floor.

Bite me to the recession. Although I love that I got a big discount (50-70 percent) off of J.Jill clothes today (and that I even got some things in a SMALL), it was depressing that the only two stores I purchased things in were both going out of business (I also picked up MacTroll's suit from Bachrach).

Rock on that the front and backyard are mowed, and I went to the gym today. Now I just need to get out and finish trimming tomorrow.

Bite me to the fact that the sun is shining so hot and bright on my garage that it's throwing off the motion sensor at the bottom and it takes 5 minutes of button pushing to get out of the garage between 4:30 and 4:45 p.m. when I'm supposed to be picking up X-man from school.

Rock on that the drywaller came to fix my basement issue.

Bite me that he only fixed the obvious holes from the plumber and didn't notice the water/chip spot two feet away from the obvious holes. I guess it's good he's coming back tomorrow to finish the mud.

Rock on that my garden vegetable garden is growing like mad (Freak, the beans are almost ready!) 

Bite me that I haven't (yet) been able to finish mulching where the garden guys extended my gardens, so there are weeds EVERYWHERE that now need to be pulled -- and that's not happening while the heat index is 105 degrees.


3 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

Yay for beans! I've gotten some at the store that have sucked recently so I was excited to hear that the Market has some on Saturdays. I'm checking out the new one downtown tomorrow afternoon and I might get some there.

As for the guy with the boy toy, I've often been known to tell people "if you can't turn it, don't drive it" but the same general theme applies to parking as well

SunnyD said...

And we've all seen the vehicle RF can turn... :-P

iamarogers said...

GOOOOOOO, X-man!