Friday, July 31, 2009

1 week of non-weight bearing down -- 1 week to go

X-man has officially been off his leg for a week. Noticeably different is the fact that I can cook a dinner without having to keep an ear on the front door. He occasionally likes to unlock the deadbolt and go out to say hi to our neighbors. 

Also noticeably different -- that I am not allowed to wander far or for long periods of time. "Mommy, come play with me?" And I do, a lot. But sometimes Mommy needs to pee. Sometimes she needs to go for her morning run. Sometimes she needs to make dinner and clean up the kitchen. My mom is here visiting for the weekend. She had scheduled it last April. So she brought him some board games like Hi-Ho Cheery-o! She also brought him some large foam lacing beads that he is currently in love with, but for some reason, can't stop putting them in his mouth. My usually active boy gets cranky without a physical outlet. He's taken to trying to slide headfirst off the couch and holding himself by his arms upside down until he shouts for Superman (i.e. Mommy) to save him.

Tomorrow, the plan is for me to make breakfast, then take Riley to the Dog Wash at Prospect Bank ($12 per dog wash. All the money goes directly to the Champaign County Humane Society and Prospect Bank (corner of Kirby and Prospect) will match the $12 contribution). Afterwards, I will be bringing Riley home and taking the Red Wagon and my mom to the Farmer's Market. 

At 3:30 p.m., we're headed over to Prairie Farm, which made it on my list of some of the few things kids in a wagon can go to and see things.

Today, he was scooting around the floor of the library playing while I got us some new books and movies. We also went on a Field Trip to Marble Slab Creamery with his pre-school class, where his attendance made quite the stir. The Tigers drew X-man a get well card that I plan on hanging up in his room. Some of the quotes are just too adorable not to stare at for the next several months. 

No comments: