Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rainy, rainy, rainy day

One good thing about rainy days is that it makes people sleep longer in our house. I slept until just after 8:30 a.m. X-man woke up around 9:15 a.m. He even used his potty before coming to get me up -- and managed to have a dry diaper all last night! We went into his room and played with his Leap Pad. Then we built words with a puzzle. Then we rearranged the tracks/roads on his train table. 

Around 10:30 a.m. we wandered downstairs for breakfast. Oatmeal and fresh fruit for me. A Multi-grain waffle with 2 veggie sausages and fresh fruit for him. While we ate we watched some Little Einsteins before getting in the car and heading out to petsit, then to the Bob the Builder store where I had to pick up rechargeable batteries, new recycle bins and new hose holders. Our plastic ones bit the bullet. So I got metal ones, which should last longer, hypothetically. 

Right now, X-man is playing his Sesame Street computer game. I just organized the garage so we can fit 3 cars in it and redid the recycling. 

I think we may rent or watch a movie after he's done with his game, pop some popcorn and chill out. It's a day made for doing laundry. If the fireworks are still a go, but it rains, I think we'll stay home and try again next year. If it stops raining, we'll get all bundled up in our rain gear and head out. 

Right now, I really feel like a nap. But that requires someone else to go down. And since he slept for 2 hours yesterday afternoon, and from 10 p.m. until 9 a.m. this morning... I'm thinking he's quite awake. 

No comments: