Monday, July 6, 2009

The New Me

I've been doing the Weight Management program at Carle Clinic for 20 weeks this Tuesday.  I look in the mirror and I notice some differences but emotionally I feel exactly the same, but apparently the rest of the world thinks I look a lot different.

My neighbor SuperShanna's Mom had trouble recognizing me in Gymboree. Then last Thursday I had a meet up group over to Tie Dye shirts and Harley Quinn paid me a sweet compliment. "I pulled up and thought, 'Who is that lady'?" 

And I swear when I went to WWDC in California last month, there were a few people who hadn't seen me in a while that visibly crinkled up their foreheads wondering why I was so excited to see them when they had no idea who I was. 

I'm wondering if this is my new superpower: Shapeshifter without surgery... I'm fat, I'm thin, I'm fat, I'm thin. I suddenly feel like Elizabeth Taylor. :-P

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dude, you look great! You have done some serious hard work and you should be so proud of yourself. I am proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, shapeshifter!