Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why I'm Going to be a Bitch All Day

1) Having a toddler run in my room at 3 a.m., hit me on the shoulders, scream in my face, climb over me into bed and then proceed on kicking me and shouting, "Move! Move! Move!" 

2) Joel left to go to D.C. until Thursday after being at a 4-day wedding last Thursday to Sunday. 

3) I had a bad doctor's appointment yesterday, where I basically have come to the conclusion that pregnancy really does more harm to a woman's body than good when I'm still having complications 3 years later. But, of course, "everyone else" loves being pregnant or wants to get pregnant... so, I'm guessing there's just something inherently wrong with me. Ironically, if I was still sedentary and 250 lbs., I would have had no idea there was something wrong with me. And I always thought when you lost weight you were supposed to prevent health issues, not find new ones.

4) I signed up for a free 4-week trial of the News-Gazette because I felt guilty. Being a person who was married to a journalist and worked with a journalist, I felt like I should give my local newspaper a try -- and the 4 weeks gives me time to consider the subscription price. With the exception of Sunday there are so actually few LOCAL stories being written that are printed in the paper (a feature on bathing suit choices on the July 4th issue -- um, most bathing suits are on their way out of stores by July 4th...) that it gives me a decidingly icky feeling. Seriously. They don't give you anything you can't find on Yahoo news that comes over AP. Why would anyone pay for that? They've gotta keep it local -- and heavily so, but I guess that requires not laying off newsroom workforce, and apparently, that's a big issues these days.

5) I have a 3-year old still sitting at the breakfast table because he refuses to get dressed. He was due at school 12 minutes ago. It's going to be an ugly battle, and I just don't feel like it. Of course, when his only method of communicating with me this morning is to scream in my face and then not listen to a word I'm telling him -- it doesn't make me feel real excited about having any interaction with him. But maybe that was his plan all along.

Update: It's 12:44 p.m. and I just managed to get an aura -- migraine is following. So I'm gong to take a nap and sleep it off before I get nauseated and vomit.

6 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it. Keep your chin up! Things always get better.

The Fearless Freak said...

Early wake ups always screw up my whole day. Sorry you are having a rough go of it :(

As for the News-Gazette, I follow their Twitter (which I realize doesn't pay the bills) and that is where all the local stuff is. I know they must have that same stuff in the paper, but I can never find it.

iamarogers said...

So i talked to my doctor about "our" issue and he said it is a very common thing in women and something very natural that happens to women after childbirth (although imagine him empathetic). To which I replied, "That is not natural."

Rudy said...

I am also squarely in the camp of people who have strange things happen to them after childbirth. Still trying to figure out whats wrong with my kidneys 5+mos after the birth of little K... pregnancy isn't all its cracked up to be. And me and delivery, we really don't get along. Hope you are feeling better from the headache and I am wishing you a better tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache.

When you feel better, you really, really need to check out this link. It directly addresses your point about how pregnancy wreaks havoc on a woman's body. Our grandmother's, I guess, were expected to suffer in silence, complaining only to her doctor. To which I say: screw that. But seriously, check this out:

http://herbadmother.com/2008/07/mary-shelley-had-no-idea/

Anonymous said...

ok: please pardon the glaring apostrophe error and the pronoun-antecedent disagreement. It's summer, dammit.

--Denise