Tuesday, July 21, 2009

But I look so pretty -- But it would be so stupid

Today, I went shopping for a few things. My old fitness clothes are starting to fall off, so I had to get new ones. I had a 30 percent off coupon for Kohl's so I wandered in to find a mountain of sales. I got some pants, a Nike shirt and a hoodie for me (with extra long arms that have thumbholes in them -- my fave). Shopping is still an adventure for me. It's like playing the, "What size am I?" game. In stretchy cotton/spandex blends I went from an XL to a M. 

Then I went to Bergner's because they are currently the only place in town to carry Wacoal's B.Tempted underwear line. I got a flyer from Confidentially Yours that it's coming soon, but I was already at the mall, so I thought I'd try them out. I LOVED them. They were much cheaper than the traditional Wacoal's ($20-50 cheaper), and had a better look to them. The ones I got were unlined because I'm not a huge fan of the t-shirt bra. And really, what makes a girl happier than having underwear that fits her properly? 

Apparently, a dress. I was walking by a rack of sale items (some dresses were 70 percent off), and I spied a blue one by Sandra Darren, whom I had never heard of before, but it was pretty, on sale, it wasn't super dressy and it had a big tag on it that says, "Yes, I'm WASHABLE." 

I have a high school reunion coming up and although it's completely a) not normal for me to go to a reunion or b) for me to wear a dress, I was curious. So, I tried it on. And I loved it. Except I think in another few pounds the size 12 I tried on will be too big

Yes, you read that right. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I think tomorrow, if I'm feeling down, I might run up there with a pair of dress shoes and try it on again. I mean, the lady on the corner with the alterations business could always take it in, right? They didn't have a size smaller than the 12 available -- well, okay there was a 6, I think, but, um, yeah, that's too small for me. 

At this point, I feel like buying any nice clothes is just a waste of money and stupid. But I looked so, so pretty.

Speaking of dresses, I have two more formal size 18W dresses that I should probably Ebay and get out of the closet. Unless I have someone out there that wants to try them on? $50 each and they're yours.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have found alterations are very inexpensive around here. My wedding dress was less that $50 and a bridesmaid dress was around $15 and I've taken loads of Bob's pants in for a couple dollars a piece. I say go for it.

Quigs78 said...

No one has said that you can't put makeup on with your pretty dress and heels to run errands. ;) We'll get all gussied up on a Tuesday and go eat salads downtown. We can be the Real Housewives of Champaign County.

Quigs78 said...

Oh, and I have a wedding at the end of September, so I'll need someone to dress shop with after Labor Day! :)

Rudy said...

Go buy the dress! Maybe you need to make up an additional special occasion to wear it but that is manageable... And I am sure you looked totally hot ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree, buy the dress -- the occasion will come along if you have the perfect outfit ready to go :)

-Lauren