Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Gross Bathrooms

Okay, added to the list of nastiness lately:

-- The Port-a-potty at Scott Park (new lovely playground on the corner of Third and Springfield in Champaign), which had poop in the urinal and looked like some drunken person had sprayed down the inside with urine. X-man opted to pee in the grass. And I swear I haven't stopped washing his hands every 5 minutes since he opened the door to the potty and said, "EWWWWW!"

-- The restrooms at Moraine View State Park on the Black Locust swim beach. Another pee in the grass opportunity.

-- The restrooms at the Dairy Queen at Exit 203 off of Highway 57 in Arcola. You can get the job done, but once you "deal" with the bathroom, you'd rather not eat anything from their kitchen. 

I swear I'm just going to carry around the little toddler potty in the car and some dog poop biodegradable bags, just in case my luck runs out and he's got to poop somewhere in the future.

3 comments:

Evan said...

Let me comment on #1 and #2 on this list.


Third and springfield is a completely DUMB place for a park. I will admit that it is a NICE looking park from the road, but right on campus, who is really going to use that thing other then drunken college kids. I am personaly supprised that a duce in the urinal was the only place you found one.

#2 We used to camp at that park when I was a kid. I am not squeemish about potties, but quite frankly there where plenty of weekends that I just waited until we got home.

Love these potty stories BTW.

-RF

SunnyD said...

What's worse is that we were at Prairie Fields today, and X-man had to go poopy. I'm cursing myself for not following my own advice, but as we walked toward the two port-a-johns he asks, "Will these be yucky, too, Mommy?"

"I don't know, Xanderbug, let's go see."

He still thought the idea that he could see what was in the toilet was gross. But he really had to go. It was not as disgusting as the other places. Your typical, it'll do if I have to port-a-potty experience. We were relieved to find that at least one of the two still had hand sanitizer in the dispenser, too. Because I had completely forgotten mine and my wipes.

Lavender Lemonade said...

Yeah, the restrooms at Moraine View State Park beach were bad...the kids came out of them running and screaming.