Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am, I am Supergirl and I can do anything

I was going to blog about my annoyance in class today. But that can wait, because I'm having a good time right now. I'm loving that I am 2 finals away from being done with the semester. I love that I've got LOTS of fun plans made with people that ROCK. And I'm over the moon a bit that my self-motivation and hard work is paying off with my weight management program. I just finished 11 weeks, and I'm doing really well. Which inspires me to make even more future plans.

I finished planting my vegetable garden. I'm really excited to have a pro gardener spending some of the summer at my house with me. That's right! Ms. KTDID is going to come and visit this summer. She may take up temporary residence at my house, which awesome. I'm also excited because we hired someone to come take care of the building the garden project, and Aaron, one of the workers from Premier Scapes based out of Savoy, is working his butt off digging up the grass. He did as much as he could with a machine, and now he's got to do all my pain in the butt work by hand, but I really appreciate it. And I know MacTroll now thinks I'm brilliant when he sees that at the end of two days, Aaron is about 70 percent done... and he's been working at it six hours a day... and they still have to amend the soil with good top soil (it hasn't dried out from last week's rain yet).

Other good things from today: 

• I rocked my final project for Program Planning for Young Children today.

• I got to talk with Quigs about our Saturday road trip up to Schaumburg with Bubba and X-man to see Thomas the Tank Engine -- and do a quick stop by Ikea... and maybe Woodfield. 

• X-man, who hates pajamas, suddenly asked to buy some because tomorrow is Pajama Day in the Tiger room. He also has to take a sleeping bag or blanket and a story book. So, we've got his sleeping bag out and his copy of Go Dogs Go! We also stopped by Meijer. I thought for sure he was going to freak out that there weren't any Cars PJs in the big boy area (he's now most definitely wearing 4-5 clothes in the big boy sections -- no more infant/toddler!). But instead he bypassed all the video games and Spiderman and Batman and even Scooby Doo (which would have been my choice) for a set of Baseball Pajamas. Then, on our way around the corner to check out he saw something I completely missed -- Superman underwear. So we bought some. Then he picked out a pair of pink and purple sunglasses. 

• I took Rileybug on a walk after my weight management class tonight and got to check out my neighborhood. Supershawn's jungle of grass has been mowed three times this week, and I'm starting to see the benefit of having crappy grass with thatch. I have mowed once this season -- to remove thatch from the top. Oooh, and all the lawn care companies bidding on that say not to dethatch, they say it tears up more good grass than it should. They all seem to suggest waiting until September and doing a complete aeration and possible slit seed.

• X-man is obsessed with How It's Made. He was particularly excited about the one about hot rods and the one where they made a 20-year-old woman  a latex mask that made her look 80.

• X-man ate his whole dinner, showered, chose to wear a t-shirt and cotton pj pants, brushed his teeth, read his three books, turned off the light and went to sleep with no hassle. 

I'm just so looking forward to the next several months of fun and freedom and getting things done. Mostly, I'm just happy I won't have to spend the summer painting the damn fence


2 comments:

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

How It's Made is like Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood without Mr. Rodgers. It's pretty cool to see what goes into making everything. Love it!

Also, when you swing by IKEA, could you pick me up a new couch, a loveseat that folds out into a bed, and a new headboard? Just strap'em on top of your car. Thanks! ;-)

Quigs78 said...

We're excited about tomorrow! (Although Bubba has already made a point to mention - several times - that he doesn't want to to say hi to Thomas. He just wants to watch him. And he also said he's not going on stage. I didn't even say the word and didn't even know he knew what a stage was.)

And I had to buy Bubba 4T clothes today...I don't know how I missed that growth spurt!