Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Live Long and Prosper

The Dads and I went out to see Star Trek tonight. And it was the best movie I'd seen in a while. It was fun, adventure packed and sexy all at the same time. It was also nice to get out in the middle of a week where MacTroll is gone all week and between taking my psych final today and taking my infant/toddler one tomorrow. 

I schedule movie nights out and I've been making really bad choices lately. But the other issue is that I tend to love Sci Fi movies -- and so it's me -- and all of my friends' husbands. Seriously. When I first put it on the calendar Mr. Quigs made the joke, "Wait, is this an even or an odd Star Trek movie?" I laughed. Quigs sat there in the living room with her eyebrows raised and stated, "I don't even know what the two of you are talking about right now."

Freak's RSVP was, "Love you. Hate Star Trek."

So, yeah, there I am with my 3 Dad friends -- geeking it out on a Wednesday night.  Oh, and did I say it was the best use of a Beastie Boys song in a film -- ever?

6 comments:

Radioactive Freak said...

Thought it was great. Most of the reviews seem to be pretty accurate in that the movie keeps a pretty good pace going all the way to the end. Don't know how I feel about the reboot of the original characters, but I really did like the younger selves of scotty and bones.

-RF

Unknown said...

Well I know Joanna and I have husbands who would geek out star trek movies as well. I told her that Kyle wasn't going to see the movie unless he could get a "mandate" to go. I am glad you enjoyed the movie though. Gotta love doing something fun in the middle of the week without children :)

Big K asked if he could go watch Star Trek with Daddy and I told him in 10 years. He seemed less than pleased...

Quigs78 said...

I'm glad you had fun! N had a good time, too. He tried telling me about it when he got home, but I think I went comatose a couple minutes into it.

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

I married a Sci-Fi fan and am starting to get sucked into that world...I'm totally a Lostie!

But I'm gonna wait for Star Trek to come out on DVD. My hubby is going on a Man Date, as Debra calls it, tomorrow to see it on the big screen.

SunnyD said...

Outside of the geek factor.

It was 4 hot, age-appropriate men -- in space doing man things like hand-to-hand combat and jumping out of airplanes. I'm sure Libbyboy felt right at home.

SunnyD said...

Oh and the beginning with Kirk as a 12 year old stealing a car and driving it through cornfields chased by cops just to literally toss it into a giant random canyon (there are canyons in Iowa?) to piss the guy off -- classic soon-to-be MT.