Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sun Up to Sun Down

I've been waking up at sunrise lately. Usually it's about 10 minutes before X-man does. I swear he's got some kind of low-jack on me. "Alert, Mommy is out of bed." I can't even go to the office to make a phone call without him immediately asking MacTroll where I went -- and then he goes on an exploratory search to find me. 

And I'm like, "Dude, Daddy's home. Let him watch you a bit while I do something I want to do -- that I can't do when I'm standing over you."

Standing over him, which has, of course, led to him getting used to having me right next to him as to ward off any more household destruction (MacTroll's nickname for our son has long been Capt. Destructo). 

But at the same time as all this happens, he's been ridiculously good about the potty training this week. He's even starting to pull down his underwear to pee on the potty and outside. Today I saw him jump down from his "kitchen helper" step to rush across the room to his potty and pee. He returned a minute later and pooped. He was pretty proud of himself. So I guess while that part of his brain is adjusting the rest of the behavior chip is just a bit fried.

I'm sitting in my bed at 8:45 p.m. MacTroll is downstairs with X-man, who should have been in bath 30 minutes ago (maybe MacTroll forgot it was a school night?). He's listening to the Wiggles. I can't complain though. 

I went out to pick some Baby Spinach and sat in our grass, which is seeding. I spent a couple hours at the park tonight around grass that was seeding. And now I feel like scratching my eyes out of my head. I took my allergy meds this a.m. before my 3-mile walk. Supposedly, they're good for 24 hours... no so much. Anyway, I'm in clean sheets. I took a shower. 

And as the sun goes down my eyelids start to droop. 

Tomorrow is June. That's just crazy. 

1 comment:

~rachel~ said...

I can't believe it's June either!

I think the potty training and behavior things makes since he has to focus on one- so um yeah that he's doing good with the potty! Unfortunatly Rowan has been potty trained for awhile, so that one won't work to explain his latest issues! Good Luck! Happy June! :)