Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Working It Out

It's 11 p.m. and I'm pooped. One would think that being a student/stay-at-home Mom I'd get a lot of rest. But no. I sleep like crap a lot. I've been writing down when I have trouble sleeping... and 90 percent of the nights are nights when MacTroll is gone.

Lately, by the time 8 p.m. rolls around I'm exhausted. Mostly, I think, due to my exercise schedule. When I need to think about something now, I end up doing it while I run or swim rather than sitting at a desk. Multitasking the big thoughts through the rhythmic gliding through the water or pace of my plodding feet.

And when I have big things on my mind, suddenly the calories burned per day goes through the roof. Since Monday I've burned over 2,300 calories. My usual average is somewhere between 400 and 540 a day, six days a week. So, it's almost double the lower number. About one week a month, I do this double workout thinking about my big picture.

And there's one question I can't seem to answer: Who am I?

No comments: