Thursday, February 4, 2010

Comparison

There are days when I realize I'm an overdramatic, insensitive, foot chewing moron.

And then there are days when I realize that just because my problems may not be as severe as other greater world issues (or even individual issues) of other people, doesn't mean that they're not important to me, and that it's okay to be worried about them, even if they seem superfluous to others.

Usually I feel somewhat grounded in how I conduct my life.

Today, I began the day feeling overdramatic and ended it feeling like I have a strong grasp of the obvious. But tomorrow, I might very well be back to chewing the leather off my shoe. If I do it around you, I apologize. Please try to remember that I'm human.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the way you write :) It makes me happy. I also wanted to thank you for all of your support and kind words. You are always there to be encouraging and that is a fabulous quality.

We all worry about things that other people think aren't that important. It isn't that they don't care or that they don't want the best for you. It is generally because we all get wrapped up in our own worries. Sometimes we really haven't evolved much past our egocentric 3 year olds when it comes to sympathy and empathy. Tomorrow will be better friend.