Monday, March 22, 2010

Inhale, Exhale. Inhale, Exhale.

I seem to be playing out some kind of multiple personality disorder today. I woke up kind of grouchy, tried to rally and ignore some things that annoyed me when I shouldn't have been surprised that the instances occurred. I made it to the gym, rode the bike for 20 minutes nice and easy to warm up my thighs, which are still stiff from workouts on Friday and Saturday. Then I went to my third pilates training session with Thom from the Fitness Center.

I hadn't been able to go since the first week in March because I pulled some of my abdominal muscles on the left hand side of my body. But today the workout felt great. It was hard. Really hard. My whole body was shaking as it went through the strengthening and stretching movements. I really focused on following instructions and not allowing my body to "cheat." But Thom did notice that I tend to allow my right side of my body to do more work than the left side (since I'm right side dominant). So he spent a bit of time correcting my form and showing me what was correct versus what felt natural. Funny how those two things aren't always the same thing. But I felt pretty chipper when I left the gym.

I came home and had some HMR soup with vegetables, calculated my food tallies and physical activity for the week and then went to weigh-in. I was up 1.5 lbs, which is normal for a Monday. I tend to work out heavier toward the end of the week/weekend and retain water... and then by Wednesday I usually lose 3 or so lbs. But it's a constant progress. I've gone up and down the same 1.5 lbs on weigh-in day since hitting goal. I felt okay when I left the clinic.

Then I came home and found some other stuff that annoyed me. It's no one's fault. There were some accidents. I had lunch and then retreated to my bedroom. Now I'm thinking shower and clean sheets and a nap after I put some of my laundry away. And now I just feel tired and grouchy.

Maybe it's the cloudy weather?

Clawdio is in my lap doing his best to try and make me feel better. We'll see if it works.

No comments: