Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Clearly, I'm still at home in my pajamas. My oatmeal just came out of the microwave. I don't drink coffee. But each year I venture out on this holy shopping day to a few stores.

The usual suspects are:
- B.Lime
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Champaign Surplus
- Karen's Kloset
-Body N Sole

When Wind, Water and Light was downtown they were included. Since they've moved to Urbana, I hit them last week when I was at Art Mart and the Art Coop. :-)

I haven't been to B.Lime since they went uber baby focused, so I'm not sure what I'll find. But I used to like to go and get smaller items like water bottles, jewelry, lip gloss, socks, etc. Stuff for stockings for the parents in my life. We'll see how it goes today.

I know there are a mess of people who went out to Toys R Us last night or hit Target this a.m. for the 4 a.m. opening. I usually stay away because I hate large groups of people. That and really everything except stocking stuffers was purchased by Nov. 15th around here...

But I do have to pick up some scotch tape today to wrap some of those bad boys already purchased. I'm thinking finding tape at Schnuck's is probably my safest bet, unless Rogard's is open on for black Friday, but somehow, I doubt the office supply sales has a black Friday hoopla.

No comments: