Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crap - literally

My son had a bit of diarrhea on Friday night. He appeared to be fine after noon yesterday, but we still kept him on the BRAT diet. Unfortunately, he woke up at 6 a.m. this morning with a pair of PJs full of loose stools.

Then he had a follow up 20 minutes later. He tried to make it to the potty, but didn't quite make it. He's taken four showers in the last 24 hours. It can't be easy to either smell like soap OR smell like shit.

Normally, I'd be jumping up an down and thankful that his happened on a weekend when MacTroll is home. But we were supposed to leave for Chicago today to have dinner with my sister and go to a couple museums and Ikea. We lost the points for the overnight at the W on Lakeshore (so if you want to spend Friday night downtown tonight, let me know and we'll hook you up.) We cancelled the pet sittters, and my child had his 20-minute breakdown over the fact that "Everywhere has bathrooms, I'll be fine!" Apparently the logic that he couldn't make it to the potty 15 feet from his bedroom doesn't count. He thinks he'll be able to make it in the car for 2 1/2 hours and then at the museums.

The pre-paid Lego Discovery ticket for $15 I bought to supplement the free passes we have is also gone, but we did get back the points for the Schaumburg hotel since there's a 24-hour cancellation requirement on hotel rooms.

The only other logistic situation is figuring out how to get MacTroll to Chicago on Tuesday for his 1:30 flight. Apparently the Lex and train leave at 5 or 6 a.m. He's not looking forward to that. But I might need some help retrieving his car from the lot that day. In case anyone's got a free 30 minutes to drive me downtown, so I can come back with his car.

X-man is watching movies about Spiderman on the iPad right now and seems to have worked through his disappointment. So, he's calmed down a bit... And MacTroll and I, we're just doing a lot of poopy laundry and hoping we don't get what the kid has.

(We can dream can't we?)

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

If you promise not to crap in my car, or bring any germs with you that may cause other people to crap in my car, then I can drive you downtown on Tuesday.

And I hope he feels better soon. :( I'm sorry your plans didn't work out.