Monday, June 13, 2011

Back and forth, back and forth

There are times when I wonder if my mind is going.
There are times when I wonder if my mind is going because I'm old.
There are times when I wonder if my mind is going because I'm too busy.
There are times when I wonder if my mind is going because I'm borderline anemic.

Any which way, it's totally going.

When we took Clawdio to the vet the other day, I forgot my wallet and got "all the way back to Savoy" when they called and I headed back up north again to retrieve it.

I stole a sweat towel from The Fitness Center on Monday and had to return it on Wednesday, but I totally forgot my water bottle. 

Today, my five year old decided he was too -- 5 years old - to put on his shoes for t-ball, so he decided he'd put them on in the car. Of course, he grabbed his glove and ran out to the car leaving me with the simple job of picking up his shoes and carrying them to the car. Yeah, I got one of his tennis shoes and one of mine. When did I notice? When we got to t-ball. So "all the way back to Savoy" we went to fetch the other shoe.

Shit like this happens to me all the freaking time. And it drives me insane.

On a good note, Concrete Evolutions started on our patio today in the backyard. They moved the hot tub, took up the old one (which was crumbling apart because MJE did a crappy job on it 4 years ago) and getting it ready to start pouring -- hopefully, tomorrow -- if it doesn't rain.

No comments: