Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weeds: Televised and Reality

I love rainy mornings. On rainy mornings my child sleeps forever. This morning he slept until 9 a.m. That's insane. He usually wakes up at 7:15 a.m. He was asleep so long that I got to finish the Netflix DVD of Season 6 of Weeds that's been at my house for 10 days or so. I know others keep theirs for months, but seeing it on my nightstand every night was driving me nuts.

Then the rain went away and I went out and weeded the garden for three hours and did some mulching on the east end of the house. It was toad mania: Tiny toads, fat toads, green toads, spotted toads, brown toads.

I looked down into the window well to the basement and indeed, there were 9 toads hopping around, so MacTroll went into the grate and handed the toads up to X-man and I who put them over by the fence to jump away. Sadly, we still have a bunch of mulch to do, but it's a pretty pleasant job to do after 7 p.m. these days.

Update on the foot: I ran for 25 minutes tonight. Well, I ran and walked, per the PT's direction. It was totally do able, but I don't usually run at the end of the day, so my energy was way down. I was out of breath from not really doing non-cycling or non-walking cardio for pretty much the last month, and it was 30 degrees warmer than the last time I ran. So, you know, it sucked. :-) But at the same time, I was happy to be out there. Maybe next time I'll get to do it in the a.m.

No comments: