Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My name is Loosey -- errr -- Mom and I'll be Your Cruise Director...

Since I've been acting a bit like Julie from the Love Boat about our summer schedule, X-man has decided to treat me as such by calling me by my first name --70 percent of the time. Seriously. I'm like Homer Simpson around here.

At first, I didn't care. And then I did. It was strange enough to me when he stopped calling me Mama at the end of his toddlerdom and started calling me Mommy. Then there was another weirdness when he went from the sweet Mommy to "MOOOOOOMMMMMM!" or my least favorite, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom..."

"Loosey, can I please have a granola bar?"

"Um, no."

"Why not?"

"Because you didn't call me Mom."

"Oh."

"Loosey, I mean, LLLL-MMMMommy, can I please have a granola bar?"

Sigh.

Why does it bother me that he calls me, Loosey? I mean, it doesn't really matter. Of course, he started to do it when we went through Customs in Toronto.

The agent asked him: "Who is this?"

"Loosey"

"Yes, but is she your aunt, sister, grandmother...?"

X-man looked at him strangely.

"She's Loosey. She's a teacher. She likes to cook."

The guy just looked at me like I was raising a moron.

So I came up with: "X-man, what do you call me?"

"Mom!"

But that apparently won't work next time, now...

No comments: