Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Big Day

Tomorrow MMO opens for children and their parents to meet their teachers any time between 8:30 and noon. My co-teacher and I have spent the last three weeks getting ready for class. We have a class plan for next week, but failed to get planning done past that. But that's what e-mail is made for, right? A lot of our planning is actually dependent on the kids right now. The current project approach theme is: All About Us. So, um, we have to find out about them before we can make detailed plans.

On Monday, class starts. I've got the welcome/circle time all worked out. And there's going to be a lot of interviewing and picture taking, as well as plenty of time for the kids to get acquainted with the room. My students are all turning 3 between September and July of next year. So we don't get to go on field trips, but I'll be seeing how many folks I can have come to the classroom to make up for the fact that we can't travel.

I am so excited to meet all of my students and their parents!

By the way, if you're interested in checking out MMO, we're having an open house on Tuesday, Sept. 20th from 5-6 p.m. You can drop by and check us out. I'm in the clownfish room on the second floor in the middle of the hallway on the left.



No comments: