Saturday, July 21, 2012

On the Move Again

Since we got back on Thursday morning, I felt like I haven't worked out at all. Maybe because I haven't really put on clothes and gone out for a six-mile walk nor have I gone to do a strength workout where I leave my child in the childcare room at the Y.

MacTroll reminded me this morning that I did play volleyball on Thursday night. (Oh yeah... but maybe because we lost the championship and I felt like I stood around watching us not be able to return a specific girl's serves, it didn't feel much like a workout.)

Last night I met up with the rotary folks while they played a short 9-hole golf course out at Legends. Holy cow is that set of greens totally torn to shit. I specifically didn't wear "golfing acceptable clothes" because I was just there to socialize and go out for a drink after. But where as most everyone else drove a cart, I walked all nine holes. Was it slow, yes it was. But I did it. And I did it with no pain, so that's a workout, right? Maybe I should have worn my weighted vest. :-)

Today, I took Lily out for a 30-minute stroll around the neighborhood. She was going bonkers this morning because I had to move Maya into the spare guest room. She's getting worse and not better. The appetite stimulus shots don't seem to be working. I took her in yesterday for uber fancy bloodwork that will get returned with results on Tuesday. I've offered her every kind of food. I'm taking the boys in for their check ups on Monday, so I think I'll be picking up a giant syringe and starting to force feed her at that point. It's a messy job, but I did it with Clawdio and I think it ended up saving his life 7 years ago.

KTDID is doing me a ginormous favor and coming to spend the night with them tonight while MacTroll, X-man and I go to St. Louis to the Cubs/Cardinals game and then to the zoo tomorrow morning. We'll be back by 4 p.m. or so.

X-man and I are scheduled to go to Rockford next week, but I'm worried about Maya. I'll have to see how she's doing.

No comments: