Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweetness

This is totally how a fun summer should be. I got up and made it to my 8 a.m. Deep Water class. Then I went to the coffee shop and had a fruit cup and did some research on Grants that might help the library and finished up the board meeting minutes from July.

Then MacTroll called to say that he volunteered to take the 2 p.m. flight, so he could have lunch with X-man and I. X-man was at the Little Gym for Lights, Camera, Action camp. He was very excited about it and jabbered about it during lunch. We at lunch at Mas Amigos for the first time, where we had Edna, who used to work at El Toro as our server. I'm sure she doesn't remember us, but when we ate out 4 times a week back in the day, we went to the old Toro quite a bit. She was also in some classes with KTDID when she got her master's I believe.

Afterward we dropped MacTroll off and went home. I got to mow the lawn and then a catalog came advertising fancy Halloween costumes. X-man was in love with the idea of us being a family of pirates or him getting the oxygen tank part of the astronaut uniform to go with his uniform downstairs.

I told him he could dress as a pirate for the Storybook parade if they had one, since we read Treasure Island this summer. He liked that idea.

Then we ran some errands, which ended in him getting a mini Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard at 5 p.m. So he ate dinner at 7:30 p.m. We call that backwards night.

It wasn't until we were reading books that we both remembered that we had FORGOTTEN t-ball practice. Whoops!

Oh well.

Tomorrow we're heading to Bloomington with the neighbors to go to the spray park. I didn't think X-man would remember going there two years ago with Lightning McColin, but then tonight he said, "I can't wait to play in the pirate ship! He did remember!

It was a pleasant day. I hope every day this week is this way -- and I'm really excited about flying to California as a family on Friday to show X-man around and have some fun in San Francisco and San José.

No comments: