Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stupid Guilt

For the last two nights two voles have been scratching at the basement window well window. They've eaten all of the weeds growing in the vicinity. And last night... one of them died. The other is now currently curled up next to the dead one, just like I imagine they would be snuggled together in the middle of the night for warmth.

I get that they're vermin. That it's the circle of life. That I'm not really equipped right now to take a tiny escape ladder and free them. But I hate it. The way I hate the idea of hunting.

I had a terrible time sleeping last night, which makes me want to just take a long nap. But I also get that if I make it to 8 p.m. tonight I'll be able to try to get back on a schedule where I'm asleep by 10:30 p.m.
I also need to shower. Maybe I'll feel more like myself afterwards.

But right now, I feel really terrible about the tiny, dead fuzzy thing outside the window... and the doom awaiting his friend.

No comments: