Sunday, September 30, 2012

Late Night with Looseyfur

At this point, I should be hosting some kind of night-time talk show from my bedroom. Last night I could not fall asleep until 4:45 a.m. The night before was 2:30 a.m. In my every day life, I usually fall into bed at 9:30 p.m. and am wiped out from my day. Since I'm all sedentary... I'm not tired, until I am. Not even Melatonin helps.

I did get out on Saturday to a neighborhood BBQ. I wasn't there very long because crutches are exhausting, but it was really nice to see our friends. I came back early, but MacTroll and X-man ended up staying until almost 11:30 a.m. It was like a fall version of New Year's.

As it turns out, the whole neighborhood appears to be having some kind of health fun. I had my cast and crutches. Another neighbor broke her foot that morning going down the stairs and was in a walking cast and had crutches. I also have a friend who is due with her third baby boy in October, who is ready not to be pregnant any more.

I also got to be social today with my friend Tiff and from Libbygirl. It was nice to FaceTime with her this evening. Her new school sounds like it's going well, and I'm so happy for them.

On Oct. 10, my Dad is going to be here to take me to my next podiatry appointment. I'm not sure if my cast will last that long. Between you and me, it already feels loose, but I just got it five days ago. I'm getting very eager to get to the "movable" part of my recovery.

Sitting around on my ass is just not for me. But I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time. It's all a girl can do right? Mostly, I've been lying here suppressing the want to jump up and go for a run. My usual workout schedule is 60 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week. So I'm going crazy just sitting here.



No comments: